Sandy Hook: I Promise It’s Not GoodbyeJanuary 08, 2013
Listen and donate in memory of the children of Sandy Hook
A few years ago, Texan fan Rory de la Rosa lost his six-year-old daughter Ainslee to cancer. Shortly afterwards, he himself was diagnosed with the same illness. But Rory didn’t fall into despair. He wanted “to tell Chris Cornell how much his music impacted his life and of the bond it helped create for him and his daughter," says Karen, a carer at Rory’s hospice. Chris was touched by the story and wrote back - eventually resulting in a unique creative collaboration. Rory had written a poem about his daughter. Moved by the words, Chris suggested they turn the poem into a song. “It was a pleasure to put it to music and an honor,” he says. Sadly, Rory passed away shortly afterwards, but the proceeds from downloads of the song he wrote with Chris were able to help his family through a terrible time.
Since the recent tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School, people have been asking to hear the song again. In response, we have made the song available on chriscornell.com. In return, Chris hopes you will make a donation in memory of the children who lost their lives and do something to help those bereaved by this terrible tragedy.
Donate via any of these sites:
- 06-19-14 Soundgarden NYC Show To Air On Howard Stern
- 06-06-14 Chris Cornell On Sixx Sense Tonight!
- 06-03-14 Available Now! Superunknown 20th Anniversary Reissue
- 06-02-14 Shipping Delay to Soundgarden Superunknown20
- 05-12-14 Soundgarden play ‘Superunknown’ in NYC
- 05-04-14 Soundgarden on Guitar Center Sessions Airs Tonight!
- 05-02-14 Soundgarden Add Three More Shows
- 04-24-14 Rare Soundgarden Demos Released
- 04-24-14 Soundgarden’s Guitar Center Session Airs May 4
- 04-16-14 Chris on Loudwire Nights!
- 03-15-14 Soundgarden To Tour With Nine Inch Nails
- 03-14-14 Watch Soundgarden play ‘Superunknown’ live at iTunes Festival
- 03-13-14 Soundgarden films Guitar Center Session in Austin
- 02-26-14 Soundgarden to perform Superunknown at iTunes Music Festival
- 02-24-14 Superunknown20
- 02-03-14 “What Was That Sound?”
- 11-27-13 ‘Songbook’ Show in Wilmington Postponed
- 11-11-13 Soundgarden To Play Lollapalooza in Brazil
- 11-08-13 Soundgarden and Black Sabbath Announce German Tour Dates
- 11-05-13 Soundgarden To Play Lollapalooza in Chile and Argentina